Serving on Staff at Events
Within a year we use adults to staff different retreats and events in the Texas Conference. Ask yourself if this is something God is calling you to do.
Staff are critical to the implementation of every event. Without the help of our staff, the participants would not receive the attention they deserve nor would we be able to pull the retreat off. We need college-age and adults to serve on staff.
If you are interested in being a part of this staff (in any capacity) first you need to be aware of Staff GUIDELINES…
a) Volunteers must be 18 or older and you’ll need to complete your local church's Safe Sanctuary training and had a background check in the past two years.
b) Volunteers must be available Friday night by 5:00 pm until Sunday at 12:00 pm. on the weekend of the retreat. Plan to be there the entire weekend.
c) Responsibilities include an assortment of duties:
- You will be assigned to a certain ‘team’ for the weekend, and that will be your task. You may be preparing, setting up, leading small groups or activities, etc.
- Some staff you will be required to attend a few "pre-retreat" meetings (sometimes online) as we plan and prepare for what God is doing through us.
- During the retreat weekend you will lodge at a designated sleeping area. This is your lodging space for the weekend and because of the long hours will usually be separate from students, but sometimes can't be avoided.
- You will be expected to obey the rules of the camp. A staff person is responsible for showing the importance of rules. You are an example.
- You will be expected to be as supportive to youth and youth leaders as possible.
- You will be given curriculum weeks in advance so you can prepare for the leadership to which you are called.
The possibilities are endless….so be prepared! Warning: You will be working hard but the rewards are heavenly!
In an attempt to maximize Staff efficiency and leadership development, we need a big team. Prayerful consideration will go into each and every staff application, and the team will be built on a number of criteria.